For proper treatment it is necessary that we, as your treating therapist, create a file. This is also a legal obligation imposed by the WGBO. Your file contains notes about your state of health and information about the examinations and treatments carried out.
We do our best to guarantee your privacy. This means, among other things, that we:
- careful handling of your personal and medical data,
- ensure that unauthorized persons do not have access to your data
As a treating therapist, I have sole access to the data in your file.
I have a legal duty of confidentiality (professional secrecy).
The data from the file can also be used for the following purposes:
- To inform other care providers, for example when the therapy has been completed or when a referral is made to another practitioner. This only happens with your explicit permission.
- or for the anonymized use during peer review.
- A small part of the data from your file is used for the financial administration, so that I or my administrator can draw up an invoice
If I want to use your data for another reason, I will first inform you and explicitly ask for your permission.
This data in the client file will be kept for 15 years as required by the law on the treatment agreement.